Friday, January 28, 2011

Everyday Inspirations and Daily Affirmations

How do you find your inspiration?
I want to take some time to give notice and appreciation to those who've inspired me to write this blog.  We are all inspired in different ways and by the different people in our lives.  But, do we always take the time to let these people know how they have shaped our lives in a positive manner?  I can remember a former co-worker letting me know that they found me as an inspiration to be a positive person everyday.  That conversation I had with her still gives me the "warm and fuzzies" to this day.  Thank you Yaya for paying me a compliment that will last a lifetime. 

First, I would like to thank my sister-in-law Jen for inspiring me to start and continue this blog.  I have been following her blog, Click-Clack Mafia, a family blog chronicling the adventures of my brother and their family, for as long as she has been writing it.  I've learned from her that blogging should be fun and easy.  It should give good insight into your daily life and not be treated as some form of work that you dread doing.  Thank you Jen for the inspiration and support....thanks for helping me:





Next, I would like to extend my appreciation to a near stranger; a girl I met while traveling last year.  We were flying from Chicago to Orlando, a flight that takes about 2.5 hours.  It wasn't until our initial dissent into Orlando that I began talking to my aisle mate, Caitlin.  After a few brief "get to know you" questions, I soon discovered that she was an author and inspirational speaker and it all began with her blogs.  Operation Beautiful is about believing in and sharing daily affirmations and Healthy Tipping Point is about eating healthy everyday.  I was amazed to hear how her success transpired from something as easy and simple as writing a daily blog.  Of course it was her good ideas that boosted her success, but it brought the idea "home" to me that success in writing isn't as far out of reach as I thought.  Although I will probably never see Caitlin again, I would like to say thank you for inspiring me.  
Now that due compliments have been paid, I would like to challenge all of you to do the same.  Tell someone how they've inspired you.  Let them know exactly how they have influenced your life in a positive way and how much you appreciate it.  Pay someone a compliment with a smile and let's hope that you inspire them to pay it forward.  Be an inspiration in this world, you never know how it will help someone to be a better person.  I want to leave you with a little surprise, one of my favorite songs of all time.  Please enjoy and live to inspire:



1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks Amy!! This housework crap has gotten in my way of checking up on my fav blogs until today. Thank you for the shout out and love!

    ReplyDelete